Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lucky Sichuan Restaurant (吉祥川味馆)- Dataran Sunway

c
UPDATE!!!!
It called Ba Si - 拔丝 in Mandarin. Fried sweet potato with Malt Sugar
(How to eat this?? Easy! 1st, take one slice of sweet potato with malt sugar and dip into the cold water...then eat!)
You know how to eat the Chocolate Fountain, right? The chocolate will frozen after dip into cold water, right? This dessert has same theory with that. The malt sugar get frozen and becomes crispy when you eat~~~ woohoo...it's really interesting as you eat the chocolate fountain!!! So happy to eat this!!!

BESIDES,

THIS IS A COMPLIMENTARY FROM THE BOSS!!!

We went last week to eat Sichuan Spicy Hotpot again....And, thank to the boss!!! We able to try this dessert~~~ It's really nice!!!

(I was thinking that the boss might read my blog also about his restaurant. That's why he is so nice with us when he saw us in his restaurant. hahaha....OR....he is just happy that he got regular customers just like us...Anyway, it's glad to have a complimentary from the restaurant~~ =p)

_________________________________________________________________



Friends who know me always surprised about the spicy I can take compare to them~ =)
haha....
I am so addicted with chilies now and almost can't survive without chilies. =)
But, I am not that kind of people who can eat plain rice with fresh chilies. Nope! I can't!
I like to eat Soup Noodles with dipping the Soy Sauce Chilies. I cut the chilies in small pieces and put into Soy sauce.
For me, it gives me a lot satisfaction! =)

Haha....out of topic. =p
This is suppose a blog regarding the new place I found!!! Lucky Sichuan Restaurant (吉祥川味馆)at Dataran Sunway.


Been there 3 times in a week. =) No choice. I really like the food there so much.
The main reason of course because they serve spicy food! =p

And, the 2nd reason is because of the authentic food. It's like I was eating Chinese food at China SiChuan now..and the foods are so delicious.

The 3rd reason is because I am quite satisfy with the service. They are friendly and helpful.

The 4th reason is because the restaurant design is good and make me so comfortable to eat. The restaurant using the design of modern + traditional Chinese restaurant with those antique vases and those wooden tables and chairs.





From Wikipedia:
Szechuan cuisine often contains food preserved through pickling, salting, and drying and is generally spicy. The Sichuan peppercorn huājiāo 花椒 ('flower pepper') is commonly used. Szechuan pepper has an intensely fragrant, citrus-like flavour and produces a "tingly-numbing" (Chinese: 麻) sensation in the mouth. Also common are garlic, chili, ginger, star anise and other spicy herbs, plants and spices. Broad bean chili paste (simplified Chinese: 豆瓣酱; traditional Chinese: 豆瓣醬; pinyin: dòubànjiàng) is also a staple seasoning in Sichuan cuisine. The region's cuisine has also been the originator of several prominent sauces widely used in Chinese cuisine as a whole today, including yuxiang (魚香), mala (麻辣), and guaiwei (怪味).

The 1st time (19 March 2011), I went with a friend. We ordered 2 dishes+1 soup for dinner.
Here are the pictures for the dishes:



白菜豆腐汤 Cabbage Bean Curd Soup - RM10



清炒苦瓜 Bittergourd - RM12



重庆辣子鸡 ChongQing Spicy Deep-Fried Chicken - RM28
The chef cure the chicken with spices and then deep-fried it with the dried chilies.

I was so impressed with the foods there. It's so delicious. Then, I saw the menu, they served Sichuan Spicy Hotpot too. I was thinking to try one day to compare with Xiao Fei Yang's Spicy Hotpot. I like Xiao Fei Yang a lot but the spicy soup there still slightly different with what we eat in SiChuan, China. The one we eat in Xiao Fei Yang was lack of the "tingly-numbing" (Chinese: 麻) sensation in the mouth.

So, I asked again my friends to have 2nd visit (24 March 2011) to the restaurant to taste the Sichuan Spicy Hotpot!

I brought 3 friends together to try it. We ordered Combination soup - "Yuan Yang (鸳鸯)" hotpot. One is Sichuan Spicy Hotpot (四川麻辣火锅), and another one is plain soup (清汤) - RM18.



The Spicy Soup is really nice, spicy and have the "tingly-numbing" (Chinese: 麻) sensation in the mouth. You can also choose the spiciness of the soup, either little spicy (小辣), medium spicy (中辣) or original (麻辣). We choose medium spicy and it's not spicy at all for me~~ haha..=p But, i like the "tingly-numbing" (Chinese: 麻) sensation in the mouth...

Then, we tick the dishes we want to soak into the soup as the list below:



The dishes price here is quite similar with Xiao Fei Yang and the dishes also very fresh. Of course, Xiao Fei Yang has more choices. But, this list is good enough for me. =)

I am too impressed with the Sichuan Hotpot and introduce to one of my Penang's friend. She is so interested to try it! So, here is the 3rd visit (27 March 2011) to the restaurant.

This time, except of the Sichuan Hotpot, we ordered a main course which called Spicy Spare Ribs. The chef stir-fry the spare ribs with broad bean chili paste, spicy herbs, plants and spices. The smell is really good and has delicious taste!



Spicy Spare Ribs RM28
(I am sorry with this photo quality, too blur!)

The address:
(Sorry, I forgot the shop lot, but it's same row, same building with Original Kayu Nasi kandar)

Jalan PJU 5/12,
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.


Go and try it by your own tongue!!! It's worth to try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tried b4, but not as good as the other sichuan restaurant located @ jln imbi, just opposite sakura restaurant.

Unknown said...

The Jalan Imbi one is it Xiao Fei Yang??? Some people like Xiao Fei Yang, but for me, I like this one more....coz this restaurant's taste more similar to what we eat at China, SiChuan.
Anyway, different people got different taste~~~ =)